Thursday 4 July 2013

Old Celtic poem


The path I walk, Christ walks it. 

May the land in which I am be without sorrow.

May the Trinity protect me wherever I stay, 

Father, Son and Holy Spirit.

Bright angels walk with me – dear presence – in every 

dealing.

In every dealing I pray them that no one’s poison may reach 

me.

The ninefold people of heaven of holy cloud, 

the tenth force of the stone earth.

Favourable company, they come with me, 

so that the Lord may not be angry with me.

May I arrive at every place, may I return home; 

may the way in which I spend be a way without loss.

May every path before me be smooth, 

man, woman and child welcome me.

A truly good journey! 

Well does the faith Lord show us a course, a path.

- An old Celtic poem attributed to St. Columba

   Image courtesy of chanpipat / FreeDigitalPhotos.net

No comments:

Post a Comment