Tuesday 5 March 2013

An evening prayer

"Lord, You have always given bread for the coming day; and though I am poor, tonight I believe.
Lord, You have always given strength for the coming day; and though I am weak, tonight I believe.
Lord, You have always given peace for the coming day; and though of anxious heart, tonight I believe.
Lord, You have always kept me safe in trials; and now, tried as I am, tonight I believe.
Lord, You have always marked the road for the coming day; and though it may be hidden, tonight I believe.
Lord, You have always lightened this darkness of mine; and though the night is here, tonight I believe.
Lord, You have always spoken when time was ripe; and though you be silent now, tonight I believe."
- A Celtic evening prayers
 
 
Picture source - self - Scottish sunset...

No comments:

Post a Comment